Master of Divinity
- How Does Notre Dame Prepare Leaders for Ministry?
- Words of Invitation and Welcome
- How to Apply
The Department of Theology and the Graduate School of the University of Notre Dame have offered a professional program in theological and ministerial studies since September 1968. Today, Notre Dame’s Master of Divinity (M.Div.) degree program is one of the premier ministry preparation programs in North America.
The M.Div. is a professional theological degree designed to prepare students for learned and effective ministry in the Roman Catholic Church. Our comprehensive three-year curriculum joins field experience, training in pastoral skills, and formation to academic studies in Scripture, the history of Catholic tradition, systematic theology, liturgy, and Christian ethics. Pastoral theology includes courses such as preaching, pastoral counseling, and catechetics, taught by highly skilled theologians and practitioners. Overall, we are striving for a holistic approach that embraces and integrates all that the Church has to offer to the student and all that the student has to offer to the Church.
Supporting institutes and organizations on campus provide outstanding opportunities for further study. These combine with the overall experience of life at “Our Lady’s University” to produce a uniquely comprehensive and enriching period of preparation for ministry and service to God’s people.
Applications due January 15!
Invited Campus Visits and Interviews: Feb. 15-17; Feb. 22-24
- Full tuition scholarship for all admitted students
- 100% placement rate; help in finding the right fit
- Human and spiritual formation in community for the whole person
- Large, renowned faculty; top expertise plus a passion for teaching
- Wide array of courses offering theological breadth and depth
- University Resources for your growth and integration
- Diversity of people, programs, and vocational paths
- Field education enriching all three years of study
- Common Good Initiative Program
- Leadership development in a collaborative environment
To those considering ministry:
To mentors of tomorrow’s ministers:
How is God inviting you to learn and to serve? How do you wish to respond? Many different conversations and pathways may have led you to this homepage. Allow us to address you right where you are.
To those seeking more details about our M.Div.:
Visit our application and admissions page for full details.
If you would like to receive information on the M.Div. Program, or would like to contact any of the M.Div. program directors, email us at email@example.com, call us (574) 631-4256, or write:
University of Notre Dame
Master of Divinity Program
131 Malloy Hall
Notre Dame, IN 46556-4619