Admission and Financial Support
Application and Deadline
The application deadline to the M.T.S. Program is January 15.All applicants are reviewed by faculty in their desired area of study. In order to facilitate this review process, the online application should be completed and submitted by the above deadline. The MTS Program will not consider applications from those who wish to begin the program in the spring semester.
University of Notre Dame Graduate School
Online application for The Graduate School
Must submit electronically by applicant:
- Unofficial transcripts
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of intent
- Writing sample (is not required for the M.T.S. Program)
- Materials related to the applicant’s history regarding dismissal, probation, or suspension from school, or criminal conviction
May be submitted electronically by applicant:
- To expedite the review, please upload unofficial copies of test scores. Ultimately, official test scores supplied by the testing institution are required for all applicants.
Must be submitted electronically by recommender:
- Letters of recommendation (Recommenders are added by the student; recommenders will upload the letters.)
- The Graduate School requires the GRE General Test, which includes verbal, analytical writing, and quantitative examination sections. The institution code for both the GRE and TOEFL exams is 1841.
We welcome campus visits from those who are considering application to the MTS program during the fall semester. Those who are interested should contact Ms. Cheron Price <email@example.com> , Administrative Assistant for the program, to arrange a convenient time to visit classes and to meet with the MTS director, faculty in their area of interest and current students in the program.
Summer Study/MA Theology Program
The MTS program involves two years of full-time study during the academic year. The MA Theology Program are for those who are interested in pursuing a Master’s degree during the summer.
Graduate School Links of Related interest
Normally, applicants to the M.T.S. Program will be expected to have a background in the humanities (preferably including theology or related disciplines) and/or the social sciences.
All applicants to the MTS must submit GRE scores with their application.
All applicants to the MTS must submit GRE scores with their application. GRE scores should be at least an aggregate of 1200 plus 4.5/6. However, these are not strict requirements and we appreciate that in some cases otherwise excellent students will have lower scores.
All students admitted to the M.T.S. will be provided with full tuition scholarships for the duration of their program.
International Student Services and Activities
This office advises all international students on matters related to maintaining immigration status and offers other services such as issuance of I-20/DS-2019, and assistance in applying for employment authorization and change of status. Visit the ISSA website to learn more.